Terms & conditions Rivendale & Peak District Spa@Rivendale
1. A contract exists as soon as we have issued a confirmation and the signatory becomes liable for the total fees. A deposit of £50 must be received by us to secure your booking (multiple bookings require a deposit of £50 per pitch/room/pod/holiday caravan/Yurt or other accommodation). The balance of all bookings must be fully paid 28 days before the start of your holiday. If the balance is not paid in time we are entitled to cancel the holiday and retain your deposit.
Deposits and balances are only refunded where:-
We are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before the holiday is due to start AND the cause of the cancellation was something that could be foreseen and was within our control. Unforeseeable events beyond our control include (but are not limited to) terrorism, war, natural disaster, fire, disease, government quarantine, interruption of utilities, extreme weather conditions etc.
We recommend you arrange insurance to protect against loss.
2. Liability is only accepted where guests suffer injury or loss as a result of our negligence. BRING A TORCH we have low lighting levels so you can enjoy the night sky. WEAR SENSIBLE FOOTWEAR Rivendale is an elevated, natural location with uneven rocky surfaces, often icy or snow-bound in winter. Your party must be covered for personal and vehicle third party liability. All vehicles must have a current MOT and conform to the Road Traffic Act. The Highway Code applies on the site.
5. Dogs welcome in certain areas of the park but there are STRICTLY dog-free zones in the interests of health, safety and guests who are not dog lovers. Dogs are NOT permitted in the Bed and Breakfast rooms and certain of the holiday caravans. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Dog owners are asked in the interests of child safety and the amenity of the other guests to ensure dog mess is kept off the park. Equipment and disposal points are provided within the dog walking area; please ensure you make use of these. The management reserves the right to refuse large dogs of a frightening nature.
6. For the sake of other guests, no noise after 10.30p.m. – radios etc are unwelcome at any time if played in the open or so loudly they can be heard by neighbours. Please keep noise to a minimum before 9.00a.m.
7. Cyclists to ride with care and concern for everyone. Cycling is only allowed on the roads, NOT between pitches.
8. Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by an adult all times in the park and within the buildings. Parts of the park are hazardous by virtue of their steepness, possibility of rock falls or because building works are in progress. These areas are identified by warning notices. No liability is accepted for visitors entering these areas or allowing other members of their party to do so deliberately or neglectfully.
9. Unrelated mixed groups and all-male and all-female groups in excess of four persons are accepted ONLY by prior arrangement with full declaration of their status. The Park Management reserves the right to cancel or terminate a holiday booked where a group has failed to disclose all material facts as required by the booking form or where we receive information that the persons are likely to breach park rules. We may also require any person breaking the rules or creating a nuisance to leave the park at once. In those circumstances the company shall not be under any liability to the persons involved to provide the accommodation, goods or other services promised in the contract or any form of compensation for the same.
10. Loss or damage for which any occupier of the pitch or accommodation is responsible must be paid for in full before departure. Guests will provide credit or debit card details and acknowledge that we may use these to debit the reasonable costs of making good damage.
12. Open fires are prohibited anywhere on the park. Camp fires and barbeques contained in a metal fire pit off the ground, are allowed provided they are contained so as not to allow hot ash to fall onto the ground, do not endanger property and are away from combustible material. Liquid or gas accelerants (e.g petrol, diesel, blow lamps) must NEVER be used to start fires or barbecues. Nothing other than clean wood or charcoal may be put on to a bbq or fire. Guests are responsible for ensuring that none of their own party (or any third party) makes contact with hot metal, wood embers etc - particularly as a result of their leaving the fire pit/bbq unattended in a dangerous condition. A responsible adult must be in attendance at all times with a lit fire or barbecue. In the event guests discover an uncontrolled fire, they should follow the procedure described at the fire points. Emergency telephones are inside Laundry and Reception.
15. Removal of caravans/motorcaravans/tents (defined as ‘units’ for this clause).
Units left on pitch beyond the period booked will be charged at the current daily pitch rate. They may be taken off pitch and immobilised pending settlement of any accounts. The removal charge is £10, storage off pitch is £5 per day. Removals in these circumstances are carried out at the owner’s risk. Also, we are not liable for damage to immobilising equipment or units, where it is incurred restoring mobility to a unit.
16. Free and chargeable events
Each year a number of events are staged free of charge or for an entrance fee for the benefit of seasonal and touring customers. No warranty is implied that sufficient tickets or room are guaranteed for every person on site at such events. Tickets are issued on a first come, first served basis from Reception against full payment. The café, bar, lounge and other facilities are open at different times throughout the year. Seasonal pitch holders and static van owners do not have access to chargeable events on site unless they have purchased a ticket.
17. You undertake not to bring onto the park hazardous substances, weapons or drugs, not to commit acts of vandalism, nuisance or other criminal activity. Also, that you will not carry on any trade or business whilst on the park and will not bring lorries and other commercial vehicles onto site. No recreational vehicles such as scooters may be used on site without prior consent.
Conditions Specific to Caravan, Tent, Motorhome Pitches
a) Please note the electricity supply is 16 amps 240 volts.
b) Only grass friendly groundsheets to be used on site. Cutting of trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited, please do not tie ropes or drive nails into trees and shrubs.
c) Disposal points are provided for Biodegradable chemical cassettes free of charge. Please ensure you arrive on site with your cassette or holding tank flushed out of non-biodegradable chemicals. N B we stock a choice of biodegradable sanitisers at favourable prices on site. ONLY water from the point marked POTABLE is suitable for drinking.
d) Water service pipes on fully-serviced pitches are insulated and provided with an isolation valve. However, we do not warrant that they will remain unfrozen during periods of cold weather. Clients booking fully serviced pitches accept this risk. Refunds will not be given where freezing occurs.
e) The size of your unit including awnings etc must be stipulated at the time of booking and adhered to, otherwise we cannot guarantee to provide a pitch of adequate size.
f) Pitches are available from 2.00p.m. All accommodation is available from 3 p. m. Please arrive between 2 p.m and 5.00p.m. on your first day if possible. If this is not the case, please advise our staff. If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we reserve the right to re-let your pitch. Departure is 12 noon, any extension of stay must be checked out with the warden by 11.00a.m. and payment made. Pitch number and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival, if in doubt please check with our staff as guests on the wrong pitch WILL be required to move.
Conditions specific to Yurts, Pods, Bed and Breakfast rooms, Holiday Caravans and all accommodation
a) On arrival please present proof of identity at reception and a credit or debit card details. You acknowledge the latter may be used to make good any damage, loss or additional cleaning due to the accommodation being left in an unreasonably dirty or untidy condition.
b) Strictly no smoking inside any of the accommodation.
c) Pets are NOT permitted in the bed and breakfast rooms; they are permitted in certain of the holiday caravans, pods, Yurts.
d) Please remove muddy footwear and clothes before entering the accommodation. There is a heated entrance hall cupboard for this purpose in the bed and breakfast rooms.
e) Under no circumstances must ventilation grills be blocked up or covered. This is for your own safety and in order to comply with gas safety regulations.
f) With regard to the Yurts and Pods in particular please note the health and safety issues relating to their use. Guest are required to read and sign a hire form for HSE and insurance purposes, a copy of which will be posted on our web site or emailed to you upon request.
g) With regard to the latter, please note NO liquid or gaseous fuels (including gas cartridges, paraffin, petrol) may be brought into any of the Yurts or Pods. ONLY charcoal or timber are to be used in any of the stoves or barbecues. N.B. The barbecue IS NOT a heater in the Yurt so equipped. All electrical extension cables and other equipment must be fit for purpose and be protected by an RCB.
h) All accommodation is available from 3 p. m. Please arrive between 3 p.m and 5.00p.m. on your first day if possible. If this is not the case, please advise our staff. If we have not heard from you within 24 hours of your expected arrival, we reserve the right to re-let your accommodation. Departure is 10.30 a.m.